info@tytgg.com.cn    +8618522522113
Cont

Have any Questions?

+8618522522113

Jun 15, 2020

ArcelorMittal's New Industrial Plan Was Rejected By The Italian Government!

The Italian government rejected ArcelorMittal Italy’s new industrial plan for Taranto’s steel producers. Minister of Economic Development Stefano Patuanelli said: "The proposal made by Arcelor Mittal is unacceptable because it affects both the level of employment and the investment plan, extending the time. Over time, we understand that the removal of criminal immunity is As an excuse to return the factory, the Taranto factory cannot be used like an accordion, which means that when things go well, it will be produced, and when things are bad, its output will be reduced, which is also because ArcelorMittal does not Taranto as the only factory.

 

Italian Economic Minister Roberto Gualtieri (Roberto Gualtieri) believes that the plan is not sufficient. He said: "It is clear that Covid exists, so it is legal to consider such incidents compared to the previously defined schedule: But, again, the plan goes far beyond simple adjustments to the previous plan. In addition, Under the new circumstances, the new plan does not take into account the fact that at the European and national levels, vigorously promote investment that will generate steel demand. The Italian government is willing to take Covid-19’s impact into consideration. However, what we’re talking about Far from what is offered to us."

 

ArcelorMittal’s new industrial plan will be at least until 2025, with a total of about 5,000 job cuts and at least 6 million tons of steel produced annually. In addition, it needs to respond to environmental investments and the need for capital and national resources. The company explained all these situations by claiming promising wording after the Covid-19 emergency.


Send Inquiry